RSS

Good Morning, Sunshine

16 Jul

I don’t need permission
Make my own decisions
That’s my prerogative

~Bobby Brown, My Prerogative~

Regarding the New Yorker magazine, Obama says he’s “seen and heard worse.” Shake them haters off! Barack Obama is that dude.  ~CNN~

Former Real Worlder and current Congressional hopeful, Kevin Powell, has been endorsed by KRS-One. Outside of Obama, I think Powell wins for coolest list of supporters. Of course that’s not a reason to vote for someone. If you live in Brooklyn, check out Powell’s campaign website. ~All Hip Hop~

Mayor Kilpatrick’s legal defense fund is almost gone. Time to re-up. ~Detroit Free Press~

Advertisements
 
2 Comments

Posted by on July 16, 2008 in Detroit, Good Morning Sunshine, Love

 

Tags: , ,

2 responses to “Good Morning, Sunshine

  1. Gina

    July 16, 2008 at 9:55 am

    America may be ready for a black president, but does that mean we are obligated to elect someone president, just because they are black? Obama has extremely minimal experience and minimal credentials, not to mention his 20 years joined at the hip with anti-American racists. Also, about 15% of our population is black, so in a democracy, why are the other 85% of us made to feel obligated to elect a black man? I say the problems confronting America today are too dire and too complex to elect someone who is less qualified, just because it is politically correct.

     
  2. loveisdope

    July 16, 2008 at 11:47 am

    You are not “obligated” to elect anyone and I don’t equate Obama’s campaign with political correctness either. I don’t know about you, but I don’t vote for people based on the color of their skin. Like Obama’s millions of other supporters, I am behind his campaign because I believe in his vision and I appreciate his grassroots background and his stance on important issues like healthcare and the war in Iraq. As far as “minimal experience and credentials,” you should head over to barackobama.com/ and learn more about the man. With the “Anti-American racists” thing, I suppose you are referring to his former church. You are certainly entitled to your opinion about those folks. Personally, I think they are more likely just deeply religious people whose spiritual tradition is not usually given the glare of national media attenion and they have a couple wackadoos in there too. If you really think Obama is anything like that New Yorker cartoon though, you should definitely not vote for him. I wouldn’t vote for anyone like that. Just about everything in your comment is factually inaccurate (even the percentage of blacks in the U.S.), so instead of being insulted by your passive aggressiveness, I will just suggest a couple websites you can visit to get more information.

    barackobama.com/
    http://www.census.gov/
    http://www.aflcio.org/issues/politics/obama.cfm

     

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

 
%d bloggers like this: