2010 has definitely been a year of peaks and valleys for me, but in this post, I’ll focus on the awesome things that I’ve done/experienced this year. Ready? Let’s go!
In no particular order:
1. Got paired with the coolest mentee ever.
3. Started writing and editing for a website that you should read.
4. Appeared in Cosmo. (No link to that. You either know or you don’t, baby.)
5. Went to Portugal and had an awesome time. (Had green wine for the first time!) Also learned that Portugal was the LAST European country to outlaw slavery. They abolished slavery in 1869, after the U.S.! Portugal’s colony Brazil didn’t abolish slavery until 1888. Run and tell that, homeboy!
6. Volunteered as a University of Michigan alumni recruiter for high schools here in New York City and for kids who are graduating from my high school in Detroit.
7. Had parts of my gums lasered off and didn’t cry.
8. Briefly had an outrageously awesome book review column.
9. Interviewed my 100-year-old great uncle on video. Priceless wisdom right there and he doesn’t look a day over 80.
10. Discovered that my hair loves when I do bantu knots overnight. The fro is extra glamorous in the morning!